LINQ in the C# Programming Language
This is a self-paced GK Digital Learning product. GK Digital learning products are created by world-class production and instructional design teams to deliver an experience that feels more like a classroom than traditional e-learning with hands-on activities for real-world results. In addition to high quality video content and hands-on labs you will have access to subject matter experts to ask questions for feedback and support.
In this course, you will learn about C#’s language-integrated queries (LINQ). LINQ simplifies the code needed to query, reshape, and aggregate data. Instead of writing complex, nested loops to implement procedures for working with data, LINQ enables a more functional, declarative style. LINQ queries more closely resemble SQL than a procedural language like C. This course introduces you to both LINQ to Objects and LINQ to XML.
Familiarity with the .NET type system, including object-orientation, interfaces, and generics.
- Write an Iterator Method to Expose a Large Data Set
- Filter and Order Data Using LINQ to Objects
- Aggregate, Group, and Join Data Using LINQ to Objects
- Read and Query and XML File Using LINQ to XML
- Create and XML Document Using LINQ to XML
What You'll Learn
- Query, reshape, and aggregate collections of in-memory data
- Query, reshape, and aggregate data from an XML document
C# developers interested in using Language Integrated Queries (LINQ) in their code.