Getting Started with C#
This is a self-paced GK Digital Learning product. GK Digital learning products are created by world-class production and instructional design teams to deliver an experience that feels more like a classroom than traditional e-learning with hands-on activities for real-world results. In addition to high quality video content and hands-on labs you will have access to subject matter experts to ask questions for feedback and support.
In this course, you will learn everything you need to know to get started with C# and Visual Studio, beginning with compiling your first console application. This course walks you through the basics of working with strings (that is, text) and numeric values.
You will learn to execute functionality that is provided in 3rd party libraries as well as how to write your own methods. Classes, including class methods and properties are introduced, along with “enum” value types. You will learn to handle exceptions – those unexpected conditions that your code would not otherwise know how to handle. Finally you will learn to create your own class library, which allows you to share your code across multiple projects.
- An understanding of computer programming
- Ability to work with files and install software on a Windows computer
- Compile a Command-Line Program
- Format Strings for Output
- Display Numeric Values
- Call Code in Other Assemblies
- Write and Call Methods
- Organize Your Code into Classes
- Simplify Your Classes with Properties
- Simplify Your Code with Enums
- Handle Exceptions
- Create a Class Library
What You'll Learn
- Compile a command-line program
- Format strings for output
- Display numeric values
- Call code in other assemblies
- Write and call methods
- Organize your code into classes
- Simplify your classes with properties
- Simplify your code with enums
- Handle exceptions
- Create a class library
Target AudienceSoftware developers who want to learn C# and Visual Studio.