Maintainable ASP.NET Web API 2 Services
Learn some established techniques for improving performance, tracking down issues, and testing your Web APIs.
In a world where being connected to the Internet is essential, developers can use Web APIs to provide HTTP-based services that integrate with a broad variety of devices and platforms. Leveraging Microsoft’s ASP.NET Web API framework and building on fundamental ASP.NET development skills, this course shows you how to improve the performance and reliability of your Web APIs. We look at how issue tracking and performance testing will help you to build better products. We will also demonstrate how to use constructs such as HTTP verbs, headers, and status codes to improve the design, documentation, and testing of your Web APIs.
What You'll Learn
• Keep core business operations out of your ApiControllers
• Understand the benefits of dependency injection
• Configure and integrate popular dependency injection containers
• Create API clients with HttpClient
• Handle transient errors with retry strategies
• Enable global exception handling
• Setup automated testing for various framework components
• Add custom logging to gather diagnostic information
• Enable caching to improve response performance
• Automate deployment to a hosted service
• C# developers
• ASP.NET developers
• Knowledge of C#
• Familiarity with the .NET framework, Visual Studio, and ASP.NET Web APIs.