This course targets professional web developers who are looking for a kick-start into the world of Angular and TypeScript
- Set up and write application with TypeScript.
- Create and manage Angular applications.
- Use data binding to update your screen.
- Split up complex interfaces into components.
- Write their own directives and pipes.
- Create complex forms with validation.
- Communicate with a REST backend.
- Write a Single Page Application with client-side routing.
Introduction to Angular
In this module you'll see what Angular is all about and why it is so important in modern web development.
- Evolution in Web App Development
- Angular Core and Modules
- Implementing Types, Classes and Inheritance
- Namespaces and Modules
In this module you'll get acquainted with the most important building blocks for any Angular application. This is the foundation of all following chapters.
- The Importance of Binding
- Component to View
- Structural Directives
- Local Template Variables
- Value Conversion
- View to Component
In this module we'll dive a bit deeper into Components. You'll learn how to create a hierarchy of components and how to communicate between them.
- Using Multiple Components
- Input and Output
- ViewChild and ContentChild
- Directive Life Cycle
What if you want to add custom behavior to an existing element? In this module you'll explore existing directives like NgClasses and NgStyle; and learn how to build your own.
- What are Attribute Directives?
- Built-in Attribute Directives
- Custom Attribute Directives
- What are Structural Directives?
- Built-in Structural Directives
- Custom Structural Directives
Dependency Injection and Providers
Dependency Injection (DI) is the art of taking two strongly coupled objects and tearing them apart. This helps you write understandable, maintainable and testable code. It's not really a choice in Angular either: you have to do it. Angular has an entire mechanism based on Providers to support DI which you will explore in this module.
- Dependency Injection Basics
- Injection Tokens
Pipes are a convenient way to make little changes to values in a view. This includes formatting and filtering of data. It's easy to use and to extend the possibilities of pipes.
- Using a Pipe
- Built-in Pipes
- Custom Pipes
- Pure versus Impure
Working with Forms
Forms are essential to any app that allows you to manage data. You need to do more than just data binding. You need validation, automatic formatting, respond to data changes a so on. Angular provides two different approaches to dealing with this: Template-driven forms and Model-driven forms. This module will explore both.
- What's in a Form
- Responding to Changes
- Data Validation
Talking to the Server
This module will teach you how to retrieve and send data to your backend. We will focus on REST and use RxJS's Observables to get the job done.
- Sending and Receiving Data
- HTTPClient Module
- HTTP Interceptors
- Observables versus Promises
Building a Single Page Application
Instead of hopping from one page to the next, you can design your website as a Single Page Application. This makes your website feel and perform more like an application. SPAs have many advantages, but are usually difficult to implement. This module will teach about the constructs available in Angular to build a SPA.
- What is a SPA
- Router Module
- Route Configuration
- Parent-Child Navigation
- Route Guards