Extensive and interactive, Administrative Essentials in Lightning Experience is the core training that ensures your success with Salesforce Lightning.
It's a must for new administrators, and we recommend completing this course before starting a Salesforce deployment or when taking over an existing deployment.
The recommanded audience:
- New system administrators responsible for the setup, configuration, and maintenance of their organization’s Salesforce applications.
- Other groups that would benefit from deepening their knowledge of Salesforce Lightning Experience, including power users, sales operations, and IT managers.
After this course, you will be able to:
- Customize your application, including page layouts, fields, tabs, and business processes in Lightning Experience.
- Learn how security settings created in Salesforce Classic are applied in Lightning.
- Maintain and import clean data in Lightning.
- Use Lightning features to create high-value reports and dashboards.
- Understand how workflow automation complies with Lightning.
Getting Around the App
- Data Model and Navigation
- Lightning Experience
- Help & Training
Getting Your Organization Ready for Users
- Setting Up the Company Profile
- Configuring the User Interface
- Setting Up Activities and Calendars
- Configuring Search Settings
- Setting Up Chatter Groups
- Mobile Access with Salesforce1
Setting Up and Managing Users
- Managing User Profiles
- Managing Users
- Setting Up Chatter Free Users and Invites
- Troubleshooting Login Issues
Security and Data Access
- Restricting Logins
- Determining Object Access
- Setting Up Record Access
- Creating a Role Hierarchy
- Dealing with Record Access Exceptions
- Managing Field-level Security
- Administering Standard Fields
- Creating New Custom Fields
- Creating Selection Fields: Picklists and Lookups
- Creating Formula Fields
- Working with Page Layouts
- Working with Record Types and Business Processes
- Maintaining Data Quality
- Import Wizards
- Data Loader
- Mass Transfer
- Backing Up Data
- Mass Delete and Recycle Bin
Reports and Dashboards
- Running and Modifying Reports
- Creating New Reports with the Report Builder
- Working with Report Filters
- Summarizing with Formulas and Visual Summaries
- Printing, Exporting, and Emailing Reports
- Building Dashboards
- Email Templates
- Workflow Rules
- Process Builder
- Lead Automation
Managing the Support Process
- Managing and Resolving Cases
- Customizing a Support Process
- Automating Support
- Understanding the Salesforce Console for Service
- Collaborating in the Service Cloud
- Analyzing Support Data
The prerequisites include a solid understanding of basic Salesforce concepts and functionality, and completion of the following online courses, which are available at help.salesforce.com.
- Getting Started: Navigating Salesforce
- Getting Started: Using the Sales Cloud
- We also strongly recommend you complete the Get Started with Lightning Experience trail in Trailhead to get the most out of this course.