This course is designed specifically for experienced BizTalk Server developers and focuses on best practices & pattern-based design while pulling back the curtain on some of BizTalk Server's eccentricities. This course gives the deepest coverage of the BizTalk Server development topics that you need to know. We guarantee to challenge the way you think about BizTalk Server application design and development.
In this 5-day course, you will learn how to apply best practices and design patterns to build smarter BizTalk Server applications. Furthermore, this course provides extensive coverage of BizTalk Server's extensibility, including such topics as: custom functoids, custom pipeline components, and invoking external .NET methods.
This is an advanced-level course. Attendees are expected to have working experience as BizTalk Server application developers. The lectures and labs in this course assume that attendees have been through the typical lifecycle of a BizTalk Server application at least once.
Students should have experience with core BizTalk Server development concepts and skills. The course assumes that attendees already know how to create schemas, maps, pipelines, and orchestrations, and are looking to enrich their understanding of these components, applying patterns and best practices to build smarter applications.
The trainer speaks English and all the courseware is written in English.
Review of BizTalk Server Fundamentals
Inner Workings of the Messaging Engine
- Messaging Engine Deep Dive
- Two-way Messaging Without Orchestrations
Designing and Testing Schemas
- Schema Design
- Enabling Unit Testing for BizTalk Projects
Data Translation and Transformation
- Custom Data Transformation
- Creating Custom Pipeline Components
Working with Message Interchanges
- Debatching Message Interchanges
Advanced Concepts of WCF Adapters
- Connecting to External Systems
- Using WCF LOB Adapters in BizTalk Server
Publishing and Consuming WCF and RESTful Services
- Overview of Service Integration Using WCF
- Implementing WCF Services
- Preprocessing Messages with IIS Modules
- Consuming Services
Advanced Orchestration Communication Patterns
- Orchestration Engine Deep Dive
- Splitting and Aggregating Messages using Orchestrations
- Orchestration Communication
Bridging the Synchronous/Asynchronous Gap Across Multiple Channels
- Correlating Messages in Orchestration Instances
- Building Convoy Orchestrations
Handling Orchestration Faults and Exceptions
- Exception Handling in Orchestrations
Implementing Transactions and Compensation
- Creating Transactional Processes
Designing Custom Tracking Models for BizTalk Applications
- Introduction to Business Activity Monitoring
- Enabling Business Activity Monitoring
- Extending BAM Beyond BizTalk
Building Declarative Logic Using the Business Rules Engine
- Concepts of Declarative Logic
- Fundamentals of BizTalk BRE
- Integrating Policies with BizTalk
Advanced Concepts of the Business Rules Engine
- Advanced Business Rule Concepts
- Working with Advanced Facts
Integrating Across Business Boundaries Using Parties, Roles, and EDI
- Port Binding Option Review
- Role-Based Integration
- What is EDI?
Sagt om kursen
"After the first few days of training, I looked over some of my existing BizTalk deployments & immediately saw ways to improve & streamline."
"This is one of the best learning sessions I've ever had."