Create an Azure cloud governance plan to advise a manufacturing company of the features available in Azure. Discover features to bring governance to their Azure deployments, distributed administration, and allowance for secure remote connectivity and development work for their offshore developers.
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about Azure and Azure services. Those attending this workshop should also be experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, and want to cross-train on Azure.
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
Students will be better able to design a governance plan to showcase the security and governance features of Azure and control costs. In addition,
- Provide for cost tracking by business unit, environment, and project
- Provide for a distributed administration model
- Put a service catalog in place to prevent deployment of unsupported Azure services
- Put controls in place to allow deployment of services only in specific regions
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session - Enterprise Ready Cloud
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab - Enterprise Ready Cloud
- Create the policy for Enterprise IT
- Configure delegated permissions
- Create the environment for the e-commerce team