The Docker Fundamentals training course features the foundational concepts and practices of containerization on a single Docker node. The course offers learners the opportunity to assimilate basic container orchestration and how to scale Docker across multiple nodes in a simple swarm or Kubernetes cluster.
This course provides essential foundational knowledge for subsequent Docker courses.
Developers, operators and architects desiring a strong foundation in Docker technologies and an introductory hands-on experience building, shipping and running Docker containers.
Familiarity with Linux command line.
- The Docker Story
- Introduction to Images
- Creating Images
- System Commands
- Docker Networking Basics
- Docker Compose
- Scaling out with Swarm & Kubernetes
- Managing Secrets
- Understand the foundations of containerization on a single Docker node
- Create an image using Dockerfile best practices
- Use volumes in the application development process
- Apply concepts of the Docker networking model
- Understand the goal of services as a method of scaling containers
- Utilize two different orchestrators (Swarm and Kubernetes) to deploy a single application across multiple machines
- Create a secret and understand its accessibility capabilities