As the follow-on to the Docker Fundamentals course, Docker for Enterprise Developers is a role-based course designed for an organization’s Development and DevOps teams to accelerate their Docker journey in the enterprise. The course covers best practices to containerize and modernize legacy applications or build containerized applications from scratch that are secure, robust, highly available, resilient and self-healing.
Software Engineers and DevOps professionals working in an Enterprise developing mission-critical line of business applications.
Completed Docker Fundamentals Course or equivalent. Familiarity with using the Linux command line.
Knowledge of Docker basics:
- Run a Docker container
- Search for and pull images from Docker Store
- Use Docker for Mac or Windows on your local machine
- Architecture of a Highly Distributed Application
- Development Pipeline Overview
- Developing Applications using Docker
- Edit and Continue
- Docker Compose
- Health Check
- Defensive Programming
- Logging and Error Handling
- Docker Builder
- Docker Secrets
- Routing Mesh
- HTTP Routing Mesh
- Continuous Integration and Delivery
- UCP and DTR
- Configuration Management
- Tagging and Versioning
- Content Trust
- Image Scanning
- Image Promotion
By the end of the course learners will be able to:
- Describe the essential patterns used in a highly distributed EE application.
- Understand how to configure EE applications for different environments without code change.
- Produce and containerize EE application that is a scalable, accessible, and fault-tolerant.
- Apply different debugging and testing techniques to containerized EE applications.
- Build and run the sample application on your local system using Kubernetes.