Learn how to configure your NetScaler environment to address application services security requirements with AppFirewall; automate and manage network services for scale-out of application architectures with the Management and Analytics System (MAS); and optimize NetScaler-managed application delivery traffic. This five-day course for experienced NetScaler architects, engineers and administrators will teach you to deploy and manage AppFirewall to protect web applications against different types of attacks. It will also give you a practical understanding of MAS capabilities for centralized management of multiple NetScaler platforms, orchestration of changes, transaction reporting, infrastructure visualization and planning.
AppExpert Classic Policy Engine
- Understand the basics of the NetScaler classic policy engine.
- Describe the NetScaler content-filtering feature and how to configure it.
AppExpert Default Policy Engine
- Describe Default Policy including basic components.
- Discuss the syntax of Default Policy expression.
- Utilize Actions in policy expression evaluation.
- Distinguish key attributes of policy binding and bind types.
- Construct and manage Default Policies with AppExpert.
Rewrite, Responder, and URL Transform
- Describe what the Rewrite feature of NetScaler does and explain how it works.
- Discuss the functionality of Responder policies and how to configure them.
- Apply the benefits of using URL Transformation.
- Explain Content Switching and how it works.
- Discuss the importance of a Content-Switching VServer.
- Distinguish what Content-Switching policies are and how to use them.
- Understand what rule precedence is and the way it affects policies.
- Implement traffic compression in a NetScaler environment.
- Understand the benefits of caching in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Front End Optimization to render the web browser more efficient.
Global Server Load Balancing
- Describe the Global Server Load Balancing feature.
- Deploy Domain Name System to support GSLB.
- Implement GSLB in a NetScaler environment.
- Utilize Content Switching to implement GSLB.
- Understand GSLB Metric Exchange Protocol and Monitoring.
- Customize the GSLB Configuration.
- Understand the NetScaler Clustering feature.
- Identify methods for managing and configuring a NetScaler Cluster.
- Discuss options for troubleshooting the NetScaler Cluster.