Python Apps with SQLite
This is a self-paced GK Digital Learning product. GK Digital learning products are created by world-class production and instructional design teams to deliver an experience that feels more like a classroom than traditional e-learning with hands-on activities for real-world results. In addition to high quality video content and hands-on labs you will have access to subject matter experts to ask questions for feedback and support.
SQLite is fast, small-footprint, zero-administration database that can be used in a broad array of circumstances, such as:
• Embedded devices and the internet of things
• Financial applications
• Geospatial software
• Cache for enterprise data
In this course, you will gain a thorough understanding of working with SQLite. You will be able to write code to extract data to just about any format you'd like; efficiently insert or update data; and even manipulate SQLite environment settings.
This online learning event is comprised of Articles to read, Labs to participate in, Videos to watch and all the time you have access to Mentors that will help you better understand working with SQLite. We estimate that the learning event will take you around 3hrs and 49 minutes to complete.
A basic understanding of the Python language and standard library
A fundamental understanding of relational databases and Standard Query Language (SQL)
Content1. SQLite: Retrieve Data - 1 hours 15 minutes 12 Activities: Article (4) | Lab (3) | Video (5)
2. SQLite: Insert, Update and Delete - 1 hours 11 minutes 8 Activities: Article (2) | Lab (3) | Video (3)
3. SQLite: Other Considerations - 1 hours 24 minutes 9 Activities: Article (2) | Lab (3) | Video (4)
- Connecting to a SQLite database and querying its tables
- Inserting, updating, and deleting rows
- An overview of PRAGMA
- Interfacing with SQLite is provided by sqlite3
- Open-source third party packages (available from PyPI and GitHub)
Target AudienceAny Python developer who wants to work with SQLite.