Patterns and Idioms in C++
This is a self-paced GK Digital Learning product. GK Digital learning products are created by world-class production and instructional design teams to deliver an experience that feels more like a classroom than traditional e-learning with hands-on activities for real-world results. In addition to high quality video content and hands-on labs you will have access to subject matter experts to ask questions for feedback and support.
Developing good software in any language requires more than just knowledge of base language constructs. C++ is no exception and developing good software in C++ requires knowledge of idioms specific to C++ as well as understanding how to use software design patterns with C++. This course examines several patterns and idioms in C++.
This online learning event is comprised of Articles to read, Labs to participate in, Videos to watch and all the time you have access to Mentors that will help you better understand patterns and Idioms. We estimate that the learning event will take you around 3hrs to complete.
All Delegates will require a Solid understanding of C++.
This can be attain using this Global Knowledge Course Code 5242 - Develop C++ Applications
- Implement Copy Assignment Using Copy and Swap Idiom - 53 minutes 4 Activities: Article (2) | Lab (1) | Video (1)
- Separate Implementation from Interface with Pimpl - 50 minutes 4 Activities: Article (2) | Lab (1) | Video (1)
- Change Algorithms at Runtime with Strategy Pattern - 40 minutes 3 Activities: Article (1) | Lab (1) | Video (1)
- Defer Certain Algorithm Steps to Subclasses Using the Template Method Pattern - 40 minutes 4 Activities: Article (2) | Lab (1) | Video (1)
- Utilize copy and sway idiom
- Varying algorithms with the strategy pattern
- Implementing a compiler firewall
- Working with the template method pattern