Gartner has said that one of the most needed changes in enterprise security is to move to a least privilege approach, whitelisting of applications and overall proactive security. Microsoft said in November 2015 that 85% of all security threats would have been mitigated by moving to proactive security. In year 2015 all major antimalware companies reported more than 250000 new malware samples EVERY day! Do you really need more convincing that you need to do it as well than these facts.Mer information & fakta
This training is meant for all administrators and security professionals who want to make sure their environments are ready for the new security era where traditional security measures like anti-malware are not effective anymore.
Basic experience with Windows Administration, Basic understanding of Active Directory, Basic understanding of networking infrastructure.
- Introduction to the current and future state of IT security
- The showcase of how Windows really gets hacked!
- Implementing hard disk encryption
- Cornerstones of Windows Security – How the Security Subsystem really works
- Implementing the principle of least privilege – getting rid of admin rights!
- Correct use of different levels of admin accounts in an enterprise
- Why and How to use UAC effectively
- Server 2016 Bastion forests and the future of Active Directory security
- Mitigating Pass-The-Hash attacks
- Getting rid of lateral movement of admin accounts
- Correct decisions when choosing secure hardware in the future
- Moving to Biometrics and Two-Factor Authentication
- Whitelisting in Windows
- AppLocker in Windows 7 and 8.1
- AppLocker and Device Guard in Windows 10
Om Sami Laiho
Sami Laiho is one of the world’s leading professionals in the Windows OS. Sami has been working with and teaching OS troubleshooting, management, and security for more than 15 years. Sami’s session was evaluated as the best session in TechEd North America, Europe and Australia in 2014, and Nordic Infrastructure Conference in 2016.
Sagt om Sami
- “Sami is a great Trainer with a lot of experience in windows systems.”
- “I thought I understood the material well before I took part in this course, I was wrong. This course although short it was sufficient, both direct and fun. I would recommend this for anyone that wants to work in IT and also for all that work in the IT business.“
- “If you really need to know something about windows8, this seminar/training is a must. He delivers everything in a lively manner, and it´s not just educational, it´s fun.”
- “Do you want to learn Win-Fu?”
- “Great insight into Windows security”
- “Funni finnish guy that teaches you to be a pro when it comes to windows!”
- “Sami you get 5 out of 5 stars for keeping things interesting and fun while still making people understand and learn.”
- “Great speaker, and has good sense of humor :-), what else can you ask for ?”
- “Funny,interesting and during those 4 days i learned ALOT"