Designed for students with previous XenApp and XenDesktop 7.6 (Long Term Service Release) experience, who are interested in learning about new functionality and leading practices for the latest XenApp and XenDesktop releases.
Learn about architectural changes, management enhancements, and how to get the most out of XenApp and XenDesktop 7.7 and 7.8 through real world scenarios. Students will have access to hands-on exercises within a virtual lab environment to configure and test features including AppDisks with AppDNA and Zones. At the end of this course students will be prepared to upgrade their environments and deliver new functionality to end users.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Deliver Windows 10 desktops with XenDesktop and Provisioning Services
- Understand the upgrade process and installation improvements in XenApp and XenDesktop
- Understand XenApp and XenDesktop zones and how to configure them
- Understand the architecture of AppDisks, how they are configured, and how to validate them using AppDNA
- Manage and deliver App-V applications directly through Citrix Studio
- Use the new Store focused administration console in Citrix StoreFront
- Manage applications in Citrix Studio using the applications and tags nodes
- Configure alerts and notifications in Citrix Director
- Describe the performance enhancements to Provisioning Services
- Understand how to use the Citrix SCOM management packs to monitor their XenApp and XenDesktop environment